Friday, October 3, 2008

IT'S HERE! And swimming in pants is a little weird...

So the weekend of the Tri is here and we're so excited! We both are a little nervous, of course, and I know I am a little sad that it's almost over because the training for this for our first time was actually a lot of fun, but over all we can't wait!

I went to go buy a pair of tri-shorts yesterday, and after I tried them on I asked the guy at Peachtree Bikes if the only difference between tri shorts and my normal workout gear was the butt pad (which is called a schammi i think?) and he said yes. So I decided that instead of spending $60 on shorts I will ONLY wear to race in that I should buy something I'll wear a little more often. So I bought a pair Underarmour dry-fit leggings (similar to ones I already have that I wear to run on a regular basis). I did a test swim in the pants last night, and although it was a little strange to be in a pool a little more clothed than your average bathing suit, it went fine and I'm comfortable to race in them.

So now we're all set. I have a list of what I need to bring and I feel like we're pretty prepared. We leave tomorrow early afternoon to head up to Lake Lanier, because the race is holding a transition clinic at 3:00 for first timers. We'll be doing that and then we'll rest up so we can be at the race bright and early at 6:00 am to set up our stations.

I can't wait to let you guys all know how it goes! If you have any last minute tips, please let us know. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: